Axure is ideal for prototyping web apps or desktop software that include complicated interactions and multiple states.
Prototypes can be created from existing mocks or by building screens out within Axure.
- Good training and support documentation.
- Fine-grain controls for adding interactivity to individual elements.
- Good for prototyping complex interaction behaviors.
- Built-in library of widgets that can be customized with specific actions and behaviors.
- Flexible—can be used to prototype products for any digital platform.
- Steep learning curve; not easy to use for a first-time user.
- No device-specific templates or features.
- Designed to build out screens in the tool. Difficult to use existing mock-ups as starting point.