(This page was last updated on 4/27/2020).
This page will be kept up to date with Cooper Professional Education’s response to the dynamic situation regarding the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. We will continue to share relevant and timely updates on the steps we are taking.
Update on upcoming courses
In response to the stay-at-home directives by Governors Gavin Newsom of California and Andrew Cuomo of New York — and to safeguard the wellbeing of our staff and communities — we’ve temporarily shifted our San Francisco and New York studios to a work-from-home model. This means we are cancelling all courses scheduled during April, May, and June 2020. This includes the following upcoming courses:
- May 4-5, 2020, Service Design Immersive, New York
- May 6-7, 2020, Design Research Techniques, New York
- May 11-12, 2020, Facilitating Design Thinking, New York
- May 13-14, 2020, Design Leadership, New York
- June 1-2, Design Thinking Immersive, San Francisco
- June 3-4, Service Design Immersive, San Francisco
- June 8-9, Design Research Techniques, San Francisco
- June 10-11, Facilitating Design Thinking, San Francisco
- June 15-16, Design Leadership, San Francisco
For those registered in the above courses, we would love to have you join us later this year. As a next step, please check our schedule for the rest of 2020, and email cpe.support.na [at] designit [dot] com with the future course that might work best for your schedule.
As of the writing of this post, all of our other open-enrollment courses in North America are proceeding as scheduled. We are closely monitoring developments and official recommendations, and we will continue to provide timely updates.
We understand some organizations are limiting employee travel, so we’ve temporarily expanded our transfer policy to allow attendees to transfer to a course later in 2020 without penalty. See our schedule of upcoming courses. You can use your credit for any course of equal or lesser value taking place this year.
Our preventive measures
For training taking place later on this year, we want to let you know we’re keeping our offices as healthy and safe as possible, according to best practices from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Instructors have adjusted course activities to support more stringent hygiene practices. We’ll also have hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes in the classroom and throughout the office.
We’re asking all registrants of open-enrollment courses to take a personal inventory of their travel and health before joining the course. Please do not attend if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have a fever and/or acute respiratory symptoms such as a cough or shortness of breath
- You have traveled to or through a place on the CDC’s list of areas of risk for widespread sustained transmission within 14 days of the course — or you live with or have been in close contact with someone who has
- You have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19 within 14 days of the course.
If any of the above criteria apply to you — or if you’re just not feeling well — please take care of yourself, and contact us at cpe.support.na [at] designit [dot] com to reschedule to a later course date.
Travelers should follow official guidelines to prepare for their trip and reduce risk of exposure to COVID-19 and other pathogens. Stay up to date with your region’s advice throughout your trip, as it may change rapidly, and refer to the CDC’s information for travel. Your cooperation is integral to the ongoing public health response to contain the virus. The most effective method to prevent transmission is thorough hand washing and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
If you have any questions, please email us at cpe.support.na [at] designit [dot] com. We’ll continue to update this page with our latest updates. We appreciate your collaboration and support so our learning experiences can continue running smoothly. Our team is continually monitoring the CDC’s guidance in the interest of your safety.