In this hands-on course, you’ll learn and practice the tools that will help you deeply understand the world surrounding your service, identify opportunities to improve, and create the conditions to actualize your vision.
Managers and cross-functional teams hoping to understand and improve their end-to-end customer experience.
- Understand the implications for an organization adopting a service mindset.
- Help your organization gain a more holistic understanding of your services by leveraging design research and synthesis.
- Research the current state of a service in order to understand your customers’ current experience.
- Learn how to create journey maps to frame your understanding of the service around your customers’ activities and their emotional response.
- Identify and pose opportunities for improving a service.
- Use ideation methods to generate multiple potential solutions.
- Practice storytelling to frame your service vision around the customer experience.
- Use prototyping techniques like bodystorming to help evolve and refine a service concept.
- Learn how to build a service blueprint to plan the implementation of your service vision and communicate it to your organization.
- Discover tactics to set implementation in motion and maintain momentum.
You’ll walk away knowing how to:
- Identify opportunities for your service to grow and evolve.
- Anticipate and plan for operating within a more holistic service design mindset.
- Involve and align others in the creation of your future service vision.
- Use and adapt multiple tools, such as user journeys, service blueprints, ideation, prototyping, and more.
You’ll receive all materials from the course as well as a certificate to help you stand out from the crowd in your professional network.
Our faculty consists of practicing designers who teach from their experience in the field. They have dynamic communication skills, a flair for facilitation, and plenty of personal stories about applying specific design thinking methods and tools.
Can’t make these sessions?
Sign up for updates. You’ll be notified when we schedule new sessions.
To cancel your registration, notify us at [email protected]. If you do so at least 30 days prior to the start of the course, we refund your payment in full. Alternatively, you can transfer your registration to another course within one year of the cancellation date, or assign another individual from your organization to take your place.
Part of our certificate series
Dive into the core mindset and methodology of human-centered design and emerge with a brand new set of tools and skills to respond to your customers’ wants and needs.
Find a learning program for your team
We’d be happy to customize your learning experience.