This two-day course will provide you with the confidence you need to facilitate sessions that’ll bring more creativity, understanding, and alignment to your team. You’ll learn how to frame the right problem, set the tone, and guide conversations to more impactful outcomes.
Project leads, strategic teams, and those looking to guide their teams or organizations through more effective, engaging, and actionable collaboration sessions.
- Identify desired outcomes for collaboration sessions across the design thinking process.
- Lead an activity to help stakeholders align on the right problem to solve.
- Discover ways to normalize risk, incorporate play, and articulate the rules of engagement.
- Harness the power of your mind, body, and voice.
- Lead an ideation session to unleash fresh thinking from a diverse set of collaborators.
- Receive feedback on your facilitation skills from your peers and instructors.
- Lead discussion to invite participation from diverse groups.
- Adapt discussion for different time periods and situations, including remote participants.
- Lead a group prototyping session to clarify and evolve your thinking as a team.
- Receive more feedback on your facilitation skills from your peers and instructors.
- Turn learning into action: Plan your next workshop and incorporate learnings into a personalized checklist.
- Create an individual action plan to keep improving your facilitation skills.
You’ll walk away knowing how to:
- Facilitate sessions to produce greater team alignment and creativity.
- Manage energy and create a safe space to encourage full-team participation.
- Guide your team to focus on reaching their desired outcomes.
- Invite curiosity to explore new ways of looking at the problem and potential solutions.
- Plan your facilitation using a framework that drives the discussion toward clarity and action.
- Improve your facilitation skills through practice, personalized feedback, and setting concrete goals.
Receive all materials from the course as well as a certificate to help you stand out from the crowd in your professional network.
Our faculty consists of practicing designers who teach from their experience in the field. They have dynamic communication skills, a flair for facilitation, and plenty of personal stories about applying specific design thinking methods and tools.
Can’t make these sessions?
Sign up for updates. You’ll be notified when we schedule new sessions.
To cancel your registration, notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so at least 30 days prior to the start of the course, we refund your payment in full. Alternatively, you can transfer your registration to another course within one year of the cancellation date, or assign another individual from your organization to take your place.