Work on a sample project and discover the valuable techniques designers rely on. You’ll learn how to apply them to solve complex problems in a way that works best for your team and your customers.
Cross-functional teams who haven’t attended a design thinking workshop and want to find new ways to focus their efforts and decision-making toward addressing user needs.
- Understand the design thinking mindset and methodology.
- Learn how to clarify the business objectives and underlying assumptions of a project brief.
- Discover how to harness the power of design research.
- Practice conducting effective user interviews.
- Recognize common themes in research and identify actionable insights.
- Learn how to reframe the problem from business needs to user goals.
- Explore opportunities through ideation.
- Learn how to combine ideas into a compelling experience through narrative.
- Practice prototyping a potential solution to evolve your thinking.
- Gather user feedback to evaluate and refine your solution.
- Leverage storytelling as a way to showcase strategic decisions and build momentum.
You’ll walk away knowing how to:
- Plan and conduct research interviews to identify customer goals.
- Generate important insights from user research.
- Use exploration and storytelling to inspire innovative concepts that satisfy both customer and business goals.
- Create low-fidelity prototypes to refine your concepts and evaluate them with potential users.
You’ll receive all materials from the course as well as a certificate to help you stand out from the crowd in your professional network.
Our faculty consists of practicing designers who teach from their experience in the field. They have dynamic communication skills, a flair for facilitation, and plenty of personal stories about applying specific design thinking methods and tools.
Can’t make these sessions?
Sign up for updates. You’ll be notified when we schedule new sessions.
To cancel your registration, notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do so at least 30 days prior to the start of the course, we refund your payment in full. Alternatively, you can transfer your registration to another course within one year of the cancellation date, or assign another individual from your organization to take your place.
Part of our certificate series
Dive into the core mindset and methodology of human-centered design and emerge with a brand new set of tools and skills to respond to your customers’ wants and needs.
Find a learning program for your team
We’d be happy to customize your learning experience.