In this two-day course, you’ll discover how to maximize your user research and lay the groundwork for a robust design research practice. These tools will help you make your company more targeted, strategic, and customer-centric.
Product managers, marketing professionals, and designers with minimal research experience looking to build an understanding of their customers with user research.
- Articulate the benefits of design research and qualitative methods over market research and quantitative methods.
- Discuss how to shape product vision by leveraging design research to learn more about your target users.
- Learn how to identify research objectives and design interview guides to maximize insights.
- Practice contextual inquiry to notice patterns in user behavior.
- Practice leading user interviews.
- Learn how to identify patterns and translate findings into insights.
- Learn how to refine your synthesis skills to build user models, like personas.
- Practice communicating research using an actionable framework.
- Create a strategy to test prototypes and gather feedback on different aspects of a concept.
- Practice articulating the case for a more robust research program.
You’ll walk away knowing how to:
- Learn more about your users across all phases of the design process.
- Conduct contextual inquiry research.
- Design and conduct effective research interviews.
- Learn a structured process for synthesizing research into insights and personas.
- Use research insights to propel your design forward.
- Communicate research results for impact.
You’ll receive all materials from the course as well as a certificate to help you stand out from the crowd in your professional network.
Our faculty consists of practicing designers who teach from their experience in the field. They have dynamic communication skills, a flair for facilitation, and plenty of personal stories about applying specific design thinking methods and tools.
Can’t make these sessions?
Sign up for updates. You’ll be notified when we schedule new sessions.
To cancel your registration, notify us at [email protected]. If you do so at least 30 days prior to the start of the course, we refund your payment in full. Alternatively, you can transfer your registration to another course within one year of the cancellation date, or assign another individual from your organization to take your place.
Part of our certificate series
Dive into the core mindset and methodology of human-centered design and emerge with a brand new set of tools and skills to respond to your customers’ wants and needs.
Find a learning program for your team
We’d be happy to customize your learning experience.