This two-day course will strengthen your influence by helping you think strategically, diagnose challenges early-on, and move beyond communication roadblocks. You’ll learn to apply what you’ve learned to a leadership challenge, so when you return to work, you’ll be able to dive right in.
Mid- and senior-level practitioners and managers who want to
- Build greater self-awareness to discover your own blind spots and biases.
- Discuss techniques for cultivating autonomy, mastery, and purpose in your creative team.
- Discover how to increase psychological safety in your team to encourage smart risk-taking.
- Learn how to help your team grow through a culture of feedback and reflection.
- Work with a small group of peers on the leadership challenge of your choice.
- Learn how to improve your collaboration and partnership with any stakeholder using strategic communication tools.
- Investigate the distinct goals, mental models, and communication styles of key players in the design process.
- Learn how to leverage storytelling to generate momentum around design.
- Identify the ROI of your design function by mapping design metrics to company goals.
- Apply what you learned: work with peers to define strategies for tackling common communication and collaboration roadblocks.
You’ll walk away knowing how to:
- Identify your leadership values.
- Empower and motivate the individuals on your team.
- Create a resilient culture to expand your team’s skills and influence.
- Improve communication and collaboration with stakeholders.
- Use storytelling to increase the impact of design within your organization.
- Measure the ROI of key metrics to create visibility for the impact of design.
You’ll receive all materials from the course as well as a certificate to help you stand out from the crowd in your professional network.
Our faculty consists of practicing designers who teach from their experience in the field. They have dynamic communication skills, a flair for facilitation, and plenty of personal stories about applying specific design thinking methods and tools.
Register nowFull schedule
Can’t make these sessions?
Sign up for updates. You’ll be notified when we schedule new sessions.
To cancel your registration, notify us at [email protected]. If you do so at least 30 days prior to the start of the course, we refund your payment in full. Alternatively, you can transfer your registration to another course within one year of the cancellation date, or assign another individual from your organization to take your place.