Cooper U: We preach what we practice
UX Boot Camp
Advance your UX design skills by applying them to a meaningful real-world problem.
The UX Boot Camp is an opportunity for designers, developers, and project managers with interaction design experience to apply Goal-Directed Design skills to a current problem. Each UX Boot Camp is unique in that we partner with a local non-profit or startup organization to determine a real-world problem that can be helped with a digital application.
Over the course of four days, we’ll conduct user research, create personas, use scenarios to determine a product vision, and begin to flush out high level design solutions. On the last day, you and your team will present your design ideas back to our partner.
Cooper’s Next UX Boot Camp
What’s in it for you?
- Learn by doing: you already know the basics but now you’ll apply your skills to a completely new challenge outside of your domain
- Advance your interaction techniques under the guidance of industry leaders
- Energize your practice and make new connections by working on a real-world challenge with peers from around the world
- Beef up your portfolio with a smart, new design concept
- Pick up leadership and collaboration skills that will help you better navigate your work environment
- Surprise yourself with how much you can do in a matter of days!
Who should attend
Design practitioners, developers, product managers, usability professionals, and decision-makers who are familiar with the basics of Goal-directed design (such as personas and scenarios) but want an opportunity to challenge and refine their skills by working on a focused project together.
Inside Cooper’s UX Boot Camp
See how participants in past UX Boot Camps designed digital tools to ignite demand for fairly traded goods.
What people are saying
“Our collaboration with Cooper has brought tremendous value to our teams as well as our organization. Their energy and passion has made each session an absolute joy.”
“One of the best take aways is using Cooper's methodologies in a real world scenario and problem solving. I've been reading textbooks, tweets, blogs on the subject for months, but nothing beats getting your hands down and dirty.”
If you have a large group to train or you want a course focused on specific needs, consider treating your whole team to a custom Cooper U course.