Join Cooper and Fair Trade USA for the first Cooper Parlor and UX Boot Camp of 2013!Cooper Parlor is a gathering of designers and design-minded people to exchange ideas around a specific topic. We aim to cultivate conversation that instigates, surprises, entertains, and most importantly, broadens our community's collective knowledge and perspective about the potential for design. Upcoming Parlor: Model Business - Turning Values into Value Moderator
- : Patrick Keenan, Interaction Designer, Cooper
- : Thursday, February 21st
- : 6:30-8:30 (doors open at 6)
- : $15
- 1500 Broadway #400, Oakland, CA
Why this topic?The nonprofit partner for our March UX Boot Camp: Fair Trade USA inspired this conversation. We were intrigued by the certification system that Fair Trade USA uses to help consumers to connect with a deeper mission and put their money where their morals are. This got us thinking about other businesses and business models that put their values first. Coupled with Patrick’s insight into business models and how to map them, we thought this would be a perfect opportunity for exploration.
Want to Get Deeper into this Problem Space?The parlor is an introduction to the larger exploration that we'll have at the UX Boot Camp: Fair Trade USA this March. Together designers, developers, and project managers will be challenged to conceive of digital tools to enable advocates and influencers to ignite consumer demand for Fair Trade products to create a fundamental shift in the way goods are traded and purchased. This is a real opportunity to impact the future of Fair Trade USA, while beefing up your portfolio and making new connections. Dates
- : March 25-28, 2013
- : Monkey Ranch, the 50 acre farm of the founders of Cooper, Alan and Sue Cooper in Petaluma, CA
- : $2,150.00 for 4 days of immersive, hands-on training (breakfast and lunch included)
- : Design practitioners, developers, product managers, and decision-makers who have some experience creating products, but want to take their skills and processes to the next level.
UX Boot Camp Fair Trade USA
- Mar 25-28, 2013
- Facilitators: Kendra Shimmell, Stefan Klocek, and Teresa Brazen