UX Boot Camp Fair Trade USA
- Mar 25-28, 2013
- Facilitators: Kendra Shimmell, Stefan Klocek, and Teresa Brazen
The best part is that the impact of this course goes well beyond the classroom.
What's in it for you (and your career):
- Learn how to think through a problem from both a design and business perspective, rather than blindly applying methods by rote.
- Make new connections with product managers, designers, engineers, and other design enthusiasts from around the world.
- Pick up leadership and collaboration skills that will help you better navigate your work environment.
- Influence a real web redesign project: this Boot Camp is happening in tandem with Fair Trade's plans to improve its' current site.
- Feel good about helping Fair Trade USA create demand for an economy that supports the triple bottom line: people, planet, and profit.
- Beef up your portfolio.
What's in it for Fair Trade USA:You’ll offer Fair Trade USA a fresh perspective on their problem space. With the guidance of Cooper teachers, you and your fellow teammates will create distinct design concepts that Fair Trade USA will receive, at no cost, along with personas, scenarios, and framework sketches. From these they'll cull the ideas that resonate most, incorporating them into a web redesign they already have in the works.
About Fair Trade USA:Fair Trade wants to enable you, the consumer, to make a difference with your dollar. They help people and the planet work in tandem so both are healthy and sustained. They provide farmers in developing nations the tools to thrive as international business people. Instead of creating dependency on aid, they use a market-based approach that gives farmers fair prices, workers safe conditions, and entire communities resources for fair, healthy and sustainable lives. They seek to inspire the rise of the Conscious Consumer and eliminate exploitation.
Get a sneak preview at our next Cooper ParlorA panel of Fair Trade USA’s business partners will be the focus of our next Cooper Parlor, our quarterly public salon series. This is a great chance to learn more about companies that are passionate about offering Fair Trade Certified products and see if this UX Boot Camp is for you. Either way, you’re sure to meet interesting people and learn something new. Date, location, and panel topic will be announced soon on our blog and twitter.
More UX Boot Camps coming your wayIf you can't make it in March, don't fret: we've got more Boot Camps with other amazing nonprofit partners coming down the pipe. We'll post our full 2013 schedule shortly. Email us if you want to be notified directly.
Yes, we think UX Boot Camp is awesome. But, don't just take our word for it:What is UX Boot Camp? from Cooper on Vimeo.
Convinced yet?Register to secure your spot in Petaluma, CA from March 25-28
- Learn about the Upcoming UX Boot Camps in June, September and November here.
- What is Fair Trade?
- Read about our 2012 UX Boot Camps with the Red Cross, WEA, and Edible Schoolyard Project
- Check out photos of the venue, teams at work, research fieldtrip and more from our last UX Boot Camp.
- To learn more about Cooper U's teaching philosophy, check out this article in GOOD magazine by Boot Camp creator and lead teacher Kendra Shimmell.