“Woodstock of UX” Contest: Enter to win free admission to Cooper’s upcoming UX Boot Camp!
Design a poster to win a free spot at the “Woodstock of UX,”
a four-day Cooper UX Boot Camp in October on Alan Cooper’s 50-acre organic farm in sunny Petaluma, California!
If you've ever talked to anyone who has been to one of our UX Boot Camps, you know how intense and rewarding they can be. (If you haven’t, you can read some first hand accounts on our blog!) Our immersive four-day workshop brings together designers, developers, and project managers from around the world. Our October 8-11 UX Boot Camp participants will learn new user experience design methods and immediately put those skills into practice designing tasty mobile and web solutions for the nonprofit, Edible Schoolyard Project. Come lend a hand on Alan Cooper's 50-acre farm in Petaluma, California as we search for innovative ways to...
- Get America’s kids eating better
- Inspire students and teachers to create their own Edible Schoolyards
- Share their green-thumb skills with other kids across the country.
To celebrate this unique training experience, we're giving away one seat to the person who comes up with the best poster design for the workshop. We’ll be on the lookout for clever expressions of how this UX Boot Camp captures the spirit of the “Woodstock of UX”. We’ll even feature our top 5 picks on our blog. Trippy, man!
How to enter:
1. Create an 11”x17” poster for the UX Boot Camp “Woodstock of UX” event. Include the following somewhere on the poster:
- Cooper’s UX Boot Camp
- Woodstock of UX
- October 8-11, 2012
- Your name or signature
2. Tweet us an image of the poster – we’re @Cooper – and include the #coopercontest hashtag. Here’s a sample tweet you could send: “Check out my groovy entry to win a FREE seat at @Cooper’s UX Boot Camp! (url to image) #coopercontest”
3. For extra chances to win, tweet us some “making of” or behind-the-scenes shots as you create your poster, up to one photo per day. Be sure to include the #coopercontest hashtag and @Cooper so we can find your entry, ya dig?
4. Follow @Cooper on twitter. If you win, we’ll notify you by Direct Message.
We'll select a winner based on concept, design, and any behind-the-scenes photos. The top five entries will be featured on our blog, and the winner gets free registration to our biggest, baddest, farmiest UX Boot Camp yet!
Don't feel like leaving your fate to chance? Secure your spot at Cooper U's Oct 8th Petaluma, CA, UX Boot Camp today.
When: October 8-11
Where: Monkey Ranch, the 50-acre farm of Cooper founders Alan and Sue Cooper
5223 Red Hill Road, Petaluma, California 94952
Venue details +
Map (45 minutes drive north of San Francisco, CA)
The fine print: Contest begins Aug13th and ends Sept 3rd. Cooper staff members will choose a winner based on the best poster entry (including documentation of your design process) attached to a tweet. Winner will be contacted via Direct Message, so make sure you're following @Cooper on Twitter. Winner must be able to attend Cooper U's UX Boot Camp Oct 8th-11th, 2012 in Petaluma, CA (less than an hour’s drive from San Francisco). Travel and lodging expenses NOT included. By entering this contest, you agree that Cooper reserves the right to share your entry.